Jackson County 4-H Fall Pie Contest
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
It’s November and Jackson County 4-H is having another pie contest! Our blueberry pie contest in July was so popular that I knew we needed to do another one for the fall season. Since it’s almost Thanksgiving time, we are making fall pies. Participants can choose to bake either a pumpkin, sweet potato, or apple pie from scratch and enter it into the contest! We hope this will get your kids inspired to participate in your Thanksgiving baking and cooking festivities– plus it could take some of the work load of cooking dessert off of you, parents!
Here are the details of the contest:
- Who can participate: kids ages 5-18
- What are they doing: baking either a pumpkin, sweet potato, or apple pie from scratch! You can help them, but we want them to do the work. Make sure they get creative with their ingredients and external display, so their pie will stand out.
- When is the contest: there will be a free, open-house, public pie tasting and voting on November 13 from 5-6 p.m. at the Cooperative Extension office. Kids with pies in the contest should arrive at 4:30 with their pies, so we can get set up. Pies will be divided into small samples and each baker will get their own table to show off their pie to the crowds. Folks will taste each pie and vote on their favorites.
- Where is the contest: Cooperative Extension office, 876 Skyland Dr. in Sylva
- Why participate in the contest: to learn how to bake a pie, to have fun doing a family activity, to express creativity through baking, and to (hopefully) make something they can share with loved ones at your Thanksgiving meal!
If your child cannot be present for the contest but would still like to enter their pie, please let me know in advance. Likewise, please let me know if you aren’t able to bring your child’s pie before the contest starts, and you need to drop it off at the office ahead of time.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR PIE CONTEST: NOVEMBER 9
For all you family and friends of the bakers, please come to the open-house to taste all the pies and vote on your favorites! November 13 from 5-6 p.m. at the Extension Office. It’s free, all are welcome, and there is no RSVP required. Come early to get some before it’s gone!