We are going to be discussing Healthy Homes in June. Part of keeping a healthy home is to keep household dangers out of the reach of young children. Children under the age of 6 make up a large percentage of total cases called into poison control. Of the cases, 10% of those were from household cleaning substances. Also, remember when using cleaning supplies to use them safely.
- Do not mix hazardous products together
- Use in well-ventilated areas
- Protect eyes, skin, and nose
- Consider pump sprays vs. aerosol sprays
- Don’t use bug bombs or foggers