4-H Healthy Habits Family
Find this article at:
The 4-H Healthy Habits Family online program has been crafted to engage you and your family from the comfort of your own home! Join us as we explore gardening, nutrition, and physical activity.
- Growing a Healthy Habits Family – Welcome to 4-H Healthy Habits Family! This program is for caregivers and their families to learn about gardening, cooking, and getting active!
- Hands to Seed: Safety and Sanitation – Tasting and preparing new foods from the store or your garden is exciting! But first, it’s important to know how to be clean and safe when making a snack.
- Seed to Soil: Basics of Measurement – Whether you’re planning out your garden or following a recipe, using good measurements can make a big difference in how your product looks and tastes!
- Soil to Sprouts: Plant Parts We Eat – Do you ever wonder where all of the yummy fruits and vegetables come from? In this lesson we explore the wonderful parts of a plant and their basic functions!
- Sprouts to Harvest: MyState, MyPlate – Did you know that you can fill your plate with products made and grown in our state? Yep, it’s true! North Carolina produces yummy crops that can be incorporated into your meals.
- Harvest to Tummy: Nutrition Facts – It’s so important to know how to incorporate nutritious foods into your plate. Do you know what six essential nutrients you need?
- Growing on Your Way! – Now you’re all set! Completing all seven lessons certifies you as a 4-H Healthy Habits Family. You and your family will have gained valuable knowledge about gardening, cooking, and engaging as a family!
Ages: Families with elementary age youth
Registration Cost: Free
Materials: In order to take full advantage of the activities, you may wish to purchase materials. However, these activities were designed to be easily completed with common household items.
Delivery method: Virtual
THIS PROGRAM IS OFFERED IN A SELF-PACED, ASYNCHRONOUS FORMAT. As a family, you can decide how much or how little time you would like to invest in the activities and work the programs into your existing summer schedule as needed. Open to all youth. 4-H membership is NOT required. Space is limited for some thematic areas.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 7, 2020, at 5 p.m., ACCESS TO VIRTUAL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 31. Get your ticket
Session content will be available on June 15.