How to Make Money on the Farm
This workshop will introduce participants to sources of income from the grant and for farm operations.
- Introduction to the Empowering Mountain Food System Program and the Small Business Centers. EMFS is a new project in the region providing financial, technical and business support to food and farming businesses. Learn how you can access these resources to increase farm income.
- How to submit a successful loan application- Enterprise budgets are the building block to a successful loan application. Participants will learn about enterprise budgets and participate in a hands-on activity where they will create an enterprise budget relevant to their farm operation. Other strategies for winning loan applications will also be shared.
- Season Extension- There is a great opportunity to use high tunnels to increase farm income early and late in the season. This session will provide an overview of techniques and methods for extending the season.
- Marketing with Instagram and social media. A hands-on session where participants will learn strategies to create a dynamic and engaging Instagram account.
- WNC vegetable markets- Craig Mauney Mills River N.C. Cooperative Extension vegetable specialist will share profitable vegetable production opportunities for the Western North Carolina region.
- NC Farmlink – Farmlink is a state-wide program that matches retiring farmers with new farmers seeking to begin or expand their operations. William Hamilton NC Farmlink will share lease options and case studies from the region.
Speaker(s): Empowering Mountain Food System
Co-Sponsor(s): Empowering Mountain Food System